Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Welcome to the Jungle

Last week I went bananas.
I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for bananas to get really CHEAP because I saw an idea I wanted to try...and suddenly here comes my Winco ad that has bananas for 18 cents a pound.  Can't beat that!  I price matched them at Walmart and bought... 27 POUNDS of bananas.
The funniest thing about this purchase is that Patrick was with me and I didn't even get one eye roll or strange look as I put them all in the cart.  He didn't even question what I was planning to do with all these bananas.  What's up with that?  He must be getting used to my odd shopping habits, I guess. The kids came home and they didn't really think it was odd either.  All I got was a comment in passing... as Colby said "Wow, that's quite a lot of bananas.  Will you make bread?"
So... I have big plans for these bananas!  I realize that with bananas there is no dragging my feet.  Bananas wait for no man.  As I sit here, they are turning brown.  I tried buying them in various shades of yellow and green but they must have had a meeting and decided to all turn ripe at once because when I woke up the next morning they were all the same color.  So I"m off to create banana masterpieces.  I need to hurry because the sale goes until the 7th, so there is still time to go buy more bananas if I need them.  Watch for  banana ideas here .
 

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear about what you make with ALL THOSE BANANA'S!!!! Looks totally fun. This past week we had roma tomatoes go on for 36 cents a pound...the lowest I have seen in a long time, so I made salsa, then we found a gal who had pomegranate tree's in her yard and we picked a grocery bag full for $2.00 for the whole bag. I made pomegranate jelly... YUMMY! Can't wait to dig in!.
    And OH... our Winco just opened yesterday here and so I went shopping today. I can't wait to keep going to this store. I think I am in love!

    ReplyDelete