Since that fateful night, some big things have happened...
Dylan has decided that rather than waiting around eternally, he is going to make good use of his time and head off to college in January for a semester. I think he's actually quite excited about it, and that's probably because it's finally giving him something to look forward to. He had his scholarship deferred, so now he will need to undo that, and it seems like the timing is pretty good for him to start working on housing, scheduling classes, etc. I am excited for him!
As this last week has passed, a lot of friends have offered me up advice about how all things happen in the Lord's time, and it will all work out the way it is meant to be. Here is the basic problem for me... I KNOW THIS, but it doesn't make it easier. I am trying to not let the bitterness get to me and be discouraged, but it has been hard. Those that know me well know that I have a firm testimony of the gospel, and I am not about to give up on that just because of this one setback. I just needed to be down for a time, to vent my frustrations, and then bounce back. It will happen...it's just taking some time.
Apparently, the lesson I need to learn right now, at this point in my life, is that even though I know everything happens in the Lord's time, I'm not very good at the waiting part. It is a true test of my faith and ability to maintain my hope when things don't happen according to the time table I have set for myself. Sometimes it is hard for me to see how things will work out when all I can see are the stumbling blocks sitting in my path. Unfortunately, this has been true for many aspects of my life at this time and not just the mission call....the mission call just happens to be the really big thing right now. I have realized that it is time for me to really learn this lesson in hopes that I can let go of some of the anxiety I am experiencing and go back to enjoying my life again.
I know that there is probably a reason why Dylan's call has been held up. Maybe there is something left for him to do here before he goes...or maybe the place he is going isn't properly prepared for him yet...or just maybe...there really is no reason. Maybe it is just one of those things, where because people aren't perfect, mistakes have been made, and unfortunately that is the price we pay for living in a world run by human beings just trying to do their best and falling short on occasion. Whatever the reason, it doesn't really matter in the long run. The only thing that matters at this point is learning to enjoy the journey, regardless of where it takes us.
I know this has been terribly frustrating for you and Dylan. Kudos to him for making an executive decision! I bet college will help when he does go on a mission later. It really helped Mark. What school?
ReplyDeleteWAHOO for Dylan! Peace be unto your family♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
ReplyDeleteHUGS, I stink at waiting too. Once I decide something I want to move forward with it so I can only imagine how hard this must be. Glad he has made a decision to go to school. Where is he going?
ReplyDeleteHe is going to Utah State--he already called about undoing his scholarship deferment and he's ready to start the process! I think it will be good.
ReplyDelete