I need help. I'm not even kidding...
As of late, I have become a munch mouth. I cannot stop eating. Normally when this happens I am talking about candy, pastries and other goodies but this time I am talking about food in general. I'd eat my own foot if I could actually bend my leg high enough to get it into my mouth.... Okay...maybe I wouldn't actually eat my own foot but I'm eating everything else...it's shameful.
Add this to the fact that since my surgery I have had illness after illness (not because of the surgery...just coincidence) and I haven't been exercising in months. At the pace at which I am eating someone is going to have to come roll me off to the Biggest Loser soon.
Many moons ago, when I started losing weight, I was reading all sorts of books about healthy eating and I started some very good habits. Unfortunately they have disappeared somewhere into the ether and I'm back to being addicted to white flour and sugar... The most healthy thing I've eaten in weeks is salsa, and while salsa is actually good for me, sadly, the bag of chips I polished off with it was not. I've also eaten a few grapefruits, then washed them down with cold cereal and pop tarts. I leave the table weeping in shame after breakfast most days....
Add this to all the recipe blogs I've been stalking. I've printed out so many recipes I've run my printer completely out of ink. I spend so much time drooling over recipes online I'm surprised I haven't shorted out my keyboard. I've baked so many cookies, rolls and bread lately I've run myself almost completely out of flour...and that's really saying something considering how much flour I used to have.
I'm not quite sure how to get my motivation back, but I think I need an intervention... or a thief in the night that comes in my house and cleans me out of chocolate chips. :(
DITTO! I feel your pain Wendy!! I just joined Weight Watchers online last nite (which was a bad day to start tracking points since I ate a double order of cheese fries for lunch)! I have terrible eating habits that have been enforced since I was little. I had to stop stockpiling junk food because then I feel like I have to eat it all before it expires. It's dangerous. :) WW online is awesome because it's only $17 a month, you don't have to hassle with meetings and you get all of the same tools and resources. I'm on day 2 and I already feel WAY more accountable for what I'm putting in my mouth!
ReplyDeleteP.S. One of the girls from our best bites is doing WW too and she is posting healthy recipes with WW points already figured out. This time of year is always a good time to try to do better. (The fall/holidays are the worst!!)
ReplyDeleteKim - I was thinking of doing the online program too. I haven't signed up yet, because I keep thinking that I have until March to do it with not sign up fee - so why not wait until the last minute :)
ReplyDeleteWendy - I have been having the same problem. I finally started working out again but the munchies that I had under control last November are back in full force. After 3 week of being semi-conscious of it, I have gotten a little better but not much. The thing I have to try to remember is not to be so hard on myself. If I have a bad day, it is already done and I can only try to do better.
Wendy-- So apparently you are NOT alone. I find myself in the same boat and really right now it is completely OUT OF CONTROL and I don't know how to get back in control and most days I don't want to be. I am at my heaviest EVER and am so sad about it. Maybe the accountability of WW is a good thing. Maybe getting rid of all the white flour and white sugar is the answer. I have even considered going to a juicer and just juicing everything...I don't know. It is making me nuts. I just want to be healthy and fit and finally tuck a shirt in...not leave it hanging out over my jeans.....
ReplyDeleteAt any rate...I wouldn't mind an intervention either. If you want to buddy up, let me know!
xo