Sunday, May 2, 2010

My favorite Spring memories

Ahhh...Spring...
This has been one wild and crazy Spring. (Wait...did Spring actually start yet?  It's hard to know as I sit here under my big cozy blanket with slippers and ear muffs...I had to remove my mittens so I could type.)  Unfortunately, I get the feeling we are going to go from this crappy 30 degree weather straight to 100 degrees with no Spring weather to think of....sad, really.  So in honor of our not-very-springy Spring, here is a list of my favorite Spring memories for 2010...
  • The sight of new fallen snow gently covering the dandylions.  (Funny how everything will freeze BUT the dandylions...)
  • The sound of flapping shingles during the night, as I lay there waiting for the entire roof to blow away.  I was fully prepared to see Munchkins in the morning.
  • Watching the neighbors' tiny dog as the wind blows it backwards.  Consequently, the dog was also trying to bark but I couldn't hear it...just watched it's mouth move.
  • Sitting in the parking lot at Walmart waiting for the torrential rain to stop before I go in...only to hear the scary emergency computerized voice on the radio tell me that a hail storm is heading directly for me and it's time to take cover.
  • Watching my friend's windshield wiper fall off during a rainstorm right as we're about to turn onto Bangerter Highway. (The driver's side wiper, no less...)  We had a good laugh about it.
  • The scary sight of a trampoline levitating off the ground before starting to slowing move toward my one and only shade tree...like a giant spinning blade.
  • Running out to try and collect what's left of four Sunday newspapers as they head in a spinning whirlwind over the fence to settle into the neighbor's yard. (Sorry, neighbors!)
  • Driving over to the Middle School to pick up kids in light of a big storm warning only to be ignored (by one) who chooses to walk home without even acknowledging me.  When the storm hit 10 minutes before he made it home, and he showed up on my doorstep soaked to the bone, I was laughing on the inside...Okay...maybe a little on the outside too.
  • The inch thick layer of dust I had to clean off my scrapbooking table...because even though it was super windy it was way too hot to close the windows all the way. Plus it's really fun to watch my cat sit by the open window while it's windy...her fur blows.
  • Digging through soggy newspapers to find my coupons.  What good does it do to put the newspaper in a bag if you aren't going to tie it closed and then you throw it in a puddle?  My bill says I can tip that delivery person if I want to...I don't think so
  • I'm in the mood to start grilling instead of cooking soup, but Patrick seems to be against going outside to grill during a lightning storm.  I'm not sure what the problem is.
  • I love the grass that comes to my knees.  Every time Patrick tries to get out to mow it, it either snows or rains before he gets out there.  I'd mow it myself but the lawnmower is broken...and I'm not even lying.  He can make it work but I can't.  Plus there's a hole in the bag so you get blasted in the face with grass clippings and dirt (unless you can figure out how to clip it closed with clamps and pliers...pathetic really.  I think I know what Patrick needs for Father's Day.)
I love Spring.  I hope we get to actually have one this year.  If not, I might as well move to Arizona.

1 comment:

  1. Wendy, you are so funny! I can relate for sure! What's up with this weather anyways? My kids had a baseball game cancelled for snow...that's a first! :) Oh, but don't move to Arizona...it's already summer there!

    ReplyDelete