So...today I did something that I swore I would never do (at least not with groceries)... I went to Walmart and price matched! I don't like giving all my business to Walmart, and I feel like I should patronize the stores that go to the trouble of having a sale and mailing me an ad. Plus, I have had my share of customer service nightmares at Walmart, so it isn't necessarily my favorite store. The problem is, I made my lists for all the individual stores and realized I didn't want to GO to seven different stores to get everything I need... so I ended up at Walmart with my list, my ads, and my coupons.
At first it all went swell, and they had everything I wanted. I even learned that some of the things I thought were good deals were actually NOT, and if I'd gone elsewhere I would have paid too much. I went to the checkout and the cashier was very nice and rang everything in at the price I wanted... then I handed her my coupons and the trouble began. Since I had so many, a "manager" (or something like that--she wasn't very well trained) came to "investigate" my coupons... then proceeded to tell me that I had photocopied some of them and she would not accept them! (I wonder if she realizes that by accusing me of this, she was calling me a felon?!) I pointed out her mistake, and she took them elsewhere to ask a "higher up" and came back to say that they would only accept the ones printed in color. SERIOUSLY?! Luckily most of them were, and I had extra coupons cut from the paper to use in place of the black and white ones, but it was still fairly annoying.
Follow this up with a quick trip to Macey's, where the customer service was AWESOME and the employees were more than helpful and friendly and...needless to say... I doubt I will be price matching at Walmart again any time soon.
But I made great headway on some food storage items. I spent approx. $140 in both stores and got the following:
- 15 lbs. ground beef
- 8 cans pumpkin
- 12 bottles of Ragu
- 4 cans cranberry sauce
- 8 lbs. butter
- 4 lbs. margarine
- 4 pkgs. cream cheese
- 4 2-lb. bags of shredded cheese
- 2 pints sour cream
- 2 dozen eggs
- 2 cans enchilada sauce
- 2 Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressings
- 4 2-lb. bags each of brown sugar and powdered sugar
- 4 jars applesauce
- 4 boxes of Chex cereal
- 2 bags of hashbrowns
- 2 bags of egg noodles (can't make chicken noodle soup without them!)
- 2 boxes of granola bars
- 6 bags frozen fruit
- 2 Sunny D smoothies
- 10 limes
- 3 lemons
- 6 onions
- 4 lbs. baker potatoes
- 6 12-packs of toilet paper
No comments:
Post a Comment