President Spencer W. Kimball said, “The Lord will not translate one’s good hopes and desires and intentions into works. Each of us must do that for himself. Acquire and store a reserve of food and supplies that will sustain life. Obtain clothing and build a savings account on a sensible, well-planned basis that can serve well in times of emergency. As long as I can remember, we have been taught to prepare for the future and to obtain a year’s supply of necessities. I would guess that the years of plenty have almost universally caused us to set aside this counsel. I believe the time to disregard this counsel is over. With events in the world today, it must be considered with all seriousness."
From President Gordon B. Hinckley we hear: "The best place to have some food set aside is within our homes. . . . "We can begin ever so modestly. We can begin with a one week's food supply and gradually build it to a month, and then to three months. . . . I fear that so many feel that a long-term food supply is so far beyond their reach that they make no effort at all.”
And, my personal favorite...
From President Thomas S. Monson we hear: "Many more people could ride out the storm-tossed waves in their economic lives if they had their year's supply of food . . . and were debt-free. Today we find that many have followed this counsel in reverse: they have at least a year's supply of debt and are food-free."
Hey, I'm lovin' the new blog! I am proud of you for doing it! :) Your goals are fantastic!! I will be stalking you regularly...just so you know! :)
ReplyDelete