Tuesday, November 10, 2009

GOAL SETTING

I have recently become a blog stalker...and I LOVE it! I have learned so much about so many people and things! I realized quite quickly that I really would like to start a blog of my own, but I wasn't quite sure what I could blog about...so I've been thinking about it a lot.

I thought about my family, and all the cute blogs I have seen that show great pictures and stories...but since I am a scrapbooker I felt like that would be doubling up the same goal. (Although I really do LOVE my family and they will probably make some appearances) I also thought about something having to do with cooking and recipes...but since I'm not really a gourmet chef that seemed silly--I can get my fix of cooking and recipe blogs from other people that are much better at it than me! (Although I do like to cook, and recipes will probably make an appearance, too.)

Finally, I reached a conclusion! I needed a blog that would help me with a couple of things I have desperately wanted to be able to journal about, and some goals that I want to be able to track, so that I can go back and see what kind of progress I have made and actually have a record to which I can refer!

So here are my four current (biggest) goals. I may add a few more, but these are the four I would really like to see some progress on as soon as possible:

1. I want to finish my basement! I am in the process now of mudding, so we are actually in the home stretch, if I can just stick with it. The original goal was to finish by the end of this year, but now it isn't looking all that hopeful, although it is still achievable if I get moving. We'll see how that goes. Since my dear husband is heading into his busy season at work, the time he can devote to it will sadly be limited soon, so I might have to pick up a larger share of the work. It will definitely be a learning experience.

2. I want to get my food storage complete. I have a good jump start on this but after reading several blogs about this, I realize I am sadly lacking in several areas. This goal is going to involve organizing recipes, creating meal plans, inventories and probably building some awesome shelves (see goal #1). Along with this, I need to learn better how to USE the food in my food storage so I can properly rotate it.

3. I want to lose 50+ pounds. Sometimes this seems like a lot, but then I step on the scale and realize I could probably even stand to lose more. It's a wierd goal to set as I enter into the holidays, but I really can't afford to wait another two months. This is going to mostly involve eating healthier, learning how to cook better, and getting my exercise in every day. Over the last couple of years I lost a whole bunch...but for some reason I have just stopped. Time to start again.

4. I want to get my family completely out of debt, including our mortgage. (#1 and #2 would probably be a lot easier if this one were already done...) It's going to take some discipline, but I know it can be done!

Here's to motivation, discipline, and LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment