First of all, (and I actually already knew this, but I used to not keep as good a record of what I was doing as I do now, so with my newfound knowledge of grocery prices, it was GLARINGLY obvious this time) Walmart's prices REALLY fluctuate. I found some coupons for things I bought in there just two weeks ago and was going to get some more but the price had gone up...and not just a little bit either...Some things had risen by about 50 cents, but other things had risen by more than a dollar. Shocking, I know. It's almost seems a little deceptive to me that their prices jump around so often.
Second, Great Value brands are NOT cheaper than name brand stuff in many, many cases...in fact, a lot of their Great Value stuff has gone way, way up in price. I crossed several things off my list because the price had almost doubled over the past year since I stopped shopping at Walmart. Not to mention, am I the only one that absolutely hates the new look? That white and blue packaging looks so... well, I'm not sure what it looks like... cheap maybe?
Third, if you price match too much stuff, and use too many coupons...when they are done ringing you up a manager has to come over, look you up and down, decide if you look trustworthy and/or honest and then use their key to allow you to pay for your stuff. I'm not exactly sure what she was expecting to see as she sized me up, but I pasted a smile on my face and did my best to look like I wasn't trying to rob them blind and hoped for the best. I guess I did okay because I got the thumbs up. Remind me never to get a job at Walmart...I don't want to go through life being suspicious of everyone.
At any rate, I did get some good deals... Here's what I bought and what I paid:
- 7 boxes of muffin mix (1.31)
- 6 boxes of Smart Taste pasta (.48)
- 3 Betty Crocker cake mixes (.66)
- 2 Pillsbury Cake mixes (.28)
- 6 Hunts spaghetti sauce (.67)
- 6 Hunts tomato sauce (.42)
- 2 Contadina tomato puree (1.33)
- 4 boxes of Pop Tarts (.28)
- 4 cans Snows clams (1.25)
- 4 Green Giant canned vegetables (.28)
- 4 Green Giant boxed frozen vegetables (.21)
- 2 Valley Fresh Steamers (.81)
- 4 Jimmy Dean sausage rolls (1.99)
- 7 Jimmy Dean sausage links/patties (1.44)
- 3 lbs. halibut steaks (4.99 lb,)
- 4 Florida's Natural orange juice 64 oz. (1.48)
- 4 bags Cheetos/Fritos (.99)
- 2 jars Frito Lay dip (FREE)
- 4 cans Bumble Bee tuna (.28)
- 2 Great Value canned carrots (.92--robbery, I tell ya)
- 1 Softsoap (.48)
- 2 Sobe Lifewaters (.58)
- baking potatoes (.29 lb.)
- yellow onions (.29 lb.)
- oranges (.18 lb.)
- 3 gallons of milk (1.57)
- 3 Terry's Chocolate Oranges (.98)
No comments:
Post a Comment